Year of Establishment:
1st October 1947
Names of Programmes/Courses offered :
B.Sc. (Honours) [on and from 1971] & B.Sc. (General) in Physics
Research & Publication
Ratan Kr. Das:
- R. K. Das and S. Das, Growing Menace of E-Waste in India: Need of Systematic Management, J. Chem. Bio. Phy. Sci. Sec. D, February 2014 – April 2015; Vol.5, No.2; p2212-2225. E-ISSN: 2249-1929.
Articles Published in ISSN Journals:
- T. Khatun, T. Dutta and S. Tarafdar, Topology of desiccation crack patterns in clay and invariance of crack interface area with thickness. DOI 10.1140/epje/i2015-15083-6, Eur. Phys. J. E. 38: 83 (2015), ISSN: 1292 – 8941 (print) and 1292 – 895X (online). IF: 1.757
- T. Khatun, T. Dutta and S. Tarafdar, Crack Formation on a Drying Droplet in the Presence of Static Electric Field. J. Surface Sci. Technol. 30, 17 (2014), ISSN: 09769420, 09701893.
- T. Khatun, T. Dutta and S. Tarafdar, Crack Formation under an Electric Field in Droplets of Laponite Gel: Memory Effect and Scaling Relations. dx.doi.org/10.1021/la404297k | Langmuir 29, 15535 (2013), ISSN: 0743 – 7463. IF: 4.457
- T. Khatun, T. Dutta and S. Tarafdar, Crack formation in Laponite gel under AC fields. Applied Clay Science 86, 125 (2013), ISSN: 0169 – 1317. IF: 2.467
- T. Khatun, M. D. Choudhury, T. Dutta and S. Tarafdar, Electric-field-induced crack patterns: Experiments and simulation. Phys. Rev. E 86, 016114 (2012), ISSN: 1550 – 2376 (online) and 1539 – 3755 (print). IF: 2.288
- Highly qualified and very much dedicated teachers.
- Very good coordination amongst the teachers and the non-teaching staff.
- Regular class tests are conducted for the assessment of students.
- Interaction with students beyond class hours to help them to overcome any difficulties they face in the class.
- Tutorial classes are taken on regular basis to help the less bright students.
- Lack of departmental library
- Inadequacy of space
- Lack of motivated students.
- Regular counselling of under-privileged students of economically backward families and extending help if necessary.
- Encouraging students to take up e-courses taken by internationally famous professors so that they have a glimpse of teaching at Oxford and Cambridge
- Interaction with outgoing students to give them an idea of world class research Institutes and other work opportunities which help them to plan their future.
- All our weaknesses do not stop us from aspiring for better performance of our students and it is not always that we do not get results.
- The inadequacy of space does not stop us from giving our students quality laboratory facilities which are very much appreciated by the students.
- Extension, Renovation and up gradation of laboratories and multiplication of laboratory instruments
- Setting up of a research wing to do some research of modern interest.