Year of Establishment:
1st October 1947
Names of Programmes/Courses offered :
B.A. (Honours) & B.A. (General) in Political Science
Research & Publication
Prof. Bimal Sankar Nanda:
Articles in ISSN Journals (as Sole author)
- Al Qaida theke Islamic State: Jati Rastrer Bhabishyat Kon Pathe? In Uttar Prasanja. Vol. 9, No.8, Sept-Oct., 2015. ISSN: 2348-2036.
- Basanter Chirakalin Abasthal – Jampui Hills (in Bengali) in Biharan (a journal published by Tourism: Theory and Practice Society), July, 2012. ISSN 0974-2573.
Articles in ISBN Books (as Sole author)
- Baidaghya o Kshamata: Paraspar Nirbharatar ek Samparker Sanghan in Jayanta Chaudhuri (Ed.) Manabjamin, Govt. Gen. Degree College, Singur, 2015 (ISBN: 978-81-924388-4-9)
- Paribesh O Manabadhikar: Bharater Prekshite Ekti Alochana (in Bengali), in Eyasin Khan (ed) – Manabadhikar : Nana Dik, Progressive Publisher, Kolkata, 2015. ISBN: 978-81-8064-205-0.
- Women Trafficking in Sundarban : Roots and Remedies, in Sisir Chatterjee (ed) – Community Awareness in Sundarban : Combat Physical and Social Hazard, acb publications, Kolkata, 2012 (ISBN 81-87500 – 59 – X).
Articles in Newspapers, Journals (as Sole author)
- Sirya Samasya: Samadhan Ekhano Bohu Dure (in Bengali) in Pratidin (A Bengali Daily), 19th August 2013.
- Prakrita Ganatantrer Sandhane: Bikendrikaran O Sthaniya Sayattwasasan Samparke Gandhir Dharana (in Bengali), in Sarjana (A Journal published by Charuchandra College Teachers’ Council), Vol. 2, Issue 1, January 2010.
- Well stocked library with easy access to books by students and teachers.
- Highly qualified teaching faculties associated with research work.
- Good coordination among teachers.
- Students are enriched by regular interaction with teachers beyond classes.
- Remedial classes, tutorials are taken on regular basis by the faculty member to help the students lagging behind their contemporaries.
- Assessment of students in regular interval through class tests.
- Regular participation of the student in the discussion related with national and international politics.
- Regular discussion on current political issues in connection with the state and nations
- Scarcity of fulltime teachers.
- Inadequacy of space.
- No departmental library
- Lack of dynamic students
- The students can take a different career in academic and administrative field.
- There are ample opportunities in print and electronic media because present era is the era of information technology. Journalism may become a good career.
- They can also opt for managerial job in the corporate world if they pursue MBA in human resource management after completion of their graduation level.
- To motivate the students towards studying the subject so that they may able to analyse the current political situation of state, country and other foreign countries. To inculcate learning besides mere passing out exams. To upgrade the standard of students of UG Courses within a limited infrastructural arrangement, along with acute shortage of full time faculty in the department.
- A centre for political studies may be established.
- Short courses on Human Rights may be started.