Year of Establishment:
1st October 1947
Names of Programmes/Courses offered :
B.Sc. (Honours) [on and from the Year 1997] & B.Sc. (General) in Zoology.
Research & Publication
Dr. Nabakanta Jana:
Publications in ISSN Journals / Bulletins:
- Physiological and chemical response of epiphytic lichen, Flavoparmelia caperata (L.) Hale, to the urban environment of Kolkata, India. S. Majumder, D. Mishra, S. S. Ram, N. K. Jana, S. Santra, M. Sudarshan, A.Chakraborty. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2013, 20: p3077-85. ISSN 0944-1344
- Energy-dispersive X-ray Fluorescence – A Tool for Interdisciplinary Research. M. Sudarshan, S. S. Ram, S. Majumder, J. P. Maity, J. G. Ray, N. K. Jana and A. Chakraborty. Pramana—Journal of Physics. 2011, 76(2), 241–247. ISSN 0304-4289.
Articles in Books:
- Environmental Monitoring Using Lichen as Bio-indicator. A. Chakraborty, S. Majumdar, S. S. Ram, M. Sudarshan, S. Santra, N. K. Jana. In: H.N. Thatoi, and B.B. Mishra, (eds.), Microbial Bio-technology: Methods and Application. Narosa Publication. New Delhi.2012, pp. 272-283
- Kantisree Goswami, Himalayer Jibboichitre Kosturi Mrigo, ‘Biharan’(ISSN 0974-2573), Seventh Year, 2014, Page No. 77-79.
Dr. Kausiki Chakrabarty:
Articles in ISSN Journals:
- Pattanayak P., Jahar Lal Pratihar, Debprasad Patra, Chia-Her Lin, Sobhana Paul, Kausiki Chakraborty, Synthesis, Characterization, Structure, redox property, antibacterial and catalytic activity of tridentate Schiff base, cobalt (III), Nickel (II) and Palladium (II) complexes; Polyhedron, vol 5 (2013); 275-282. ISSN 0277-5387. Impact Factor: 1.95
- Gupta N., Kausiki Chakrabarti, Krishna Prakash, Neerja Wadhwa, Tripti Gupta, and Satish K. Gupta, Immunogenicity and contraceptive efficacy of Escherichia coli- expressed recombinant Zona Pellucida proteins; American Journal of Reproductive Immunology vol.70 (2013); 139-152. ISSN 1600-0897. Impact Factor: 2.068
Prof. Tapasi Roy:
Articles in ISSN Journals:
- Banerjee K, Munshi S, Sen O, Pramanik V, Roy Mukherjee T and Chakrabarti S.Dopamine Cytotoxicity Involves Both Oxidative and Nonoxidative Pathways in SH-SY5Y Cells: Potential Role of Alpha-Synuclein Overexpression and ProteasomalInhibition in the Etiopathogenesis of Parkinson’s Disease. 2014. Parkinson’s Disease. doi:10.1155/2014/878935. IF-2.01
- Roy Mukherjee T, Chanda S, Mullick S, De P, Dey-Sarkar M, Chawla-Sarkar M. Spectrum of Respiratory Viruses Circulating in Eastern India: Prospective Surveillance Among Patients With Influenza-Like Illness During 2010-2011. 2013. Journal of Medical Virology. 85:1459–1465. ISSN- 1096-9071. IF-2.347
- Roy Mukherjee T, Mukherjee A, Mullick S, Chawla-Sarkar M. Full genome analysis of influenza C virus identified inEastern India. 2013. Infection Genetics and Evolution.16: 419-425. ISSN- 4567-1348. IF-3.015
- Roy Mukherjee T, Agrawal AS, Chakrabarti S, Chawla-Sarkar M. Full genomic analysis of an Influenza A (H1N2) Virus identified during 2009 pandemic in Eastern India: Evidence of reassortment event between co-circulating A(H1N1)pdm09 and A/Brisbane/10/2007-like H3N2 strains. 2012. Virology Journal. doi:10.1186/1743-422X-9-233. ISSN- 0042-6822. IF-3.321
- Mukherjee A, Nayak MK, Roy T, Ghosh S, Naik TN, Kobayashi N, Chawla-Sarkar M. Detection of human G10 rotavirus strains with similarity to bovine and bovine-like equine strains from untypable samples. 2011. Infection Genetics and Evolution. 12(2):467-470. ISSN- 4567-1348. IF-3.015 6. Roy T, Agrawal AS, Mukherjee A, Mishra AC, Chadha MS, Kaur H, Chawla-Sarkar M. Surveillance and Molecular characterization of human influenza B viruses during 2006-2010 revealed co-circulation of Yamagata-like and Victoria-like strains in eastern India. 2011. Infection Genetics and Evolution. 11(7):1595-1601. ISSN- 4567-1348. IF-3.015
- Jana S, Sinha M, Chanda D, Roy T, Banerjee K, Munshi S, Patro BS, Chakrabarti S. Mitochondrial dysfunction mediated by quinone oxidation products of dopamine: Implications in dopamine cytotoxicity and pathogenesis of Parkinson’s disease. 2011. BiochimicaetBiophysicaActa. 1812(6):663-673. ISSN- 0006-3002. IF-4.38
- Agrawal AS, Roy T, Ghosh S and Chawla-Sarkar M. Genetic variability of attachment (G) and Fusion (F) protein genes of Human Metapneumovirus strains circulating during 2006-2009 in Kolkata, Eastern India. 2011. Virology Journal. 8:67. doi:10.1186/1743-422X-8-67. ISSN- 0042-6822. IF-3.321
- Mukherjee A, Roy T, Agrawal AS, Sarkar M, Lal R,Chakrabarti S and Chawla-Sarkar M. Prevalence and epidemiology of pandemic H1N1 strains in hospitals of Eastern India. 2010. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology. 2 (7): 171-174.
- Agrawal AS, Sarkar M, Ghosh S, Roy T, Chakrabarti S, Lal R,Mishra AC, Chadha MS, Chawla-Sarkar M. Genetic characterization of circulating seasonal Influenza A viruses (2005–2009) revealed introduction of oseltamivir resistant H1N1 strains during 2009 in eastern India. 2010. Infection Genetics and Evolution. 10 (8): 1188-1198. ISSN- 4567-1348. IF-3.015
- Hardworking, dedicated faculty
- Good coordination among faculty members
- Sufficient Laboratory equipment
- Huge stock of chemicals in laboratory.
- Poor condition of laboratories
- Vacant position of faculty in different branches of chemistry
- Facility to do Minor Research Projects
- To promote and motivate more and more students to better in their
- Renovation and up-gradation of laboratories